Free Money For School

Up to $22,000 for Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships

Pre-doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships provide support for emerging scholars to complete work on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual theme. Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute, where they pursue research to complete their dissertations or to expand them for publication. Pre-doctoral fellowship applicants must have advanced to candidacy and expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period. Both fellowships provide an office at the Research Institute, airfare to Los Angeles, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, and health benefits. Contact the J. Paul Getty Trust, 1200 Getty Ctr. Dr., Suite 800, Los Angeles, CA 90049-1685; 310-440-7320; Fax: 310-440-7703; Continue reading

Health Careers Opportunity Program

(Health Careers Opportunity Program 93.822)
The Health Careers Opportunity Program provides assistance to individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds to obtain a health or allied health profession degree. Grants can be used to identify, recruit, and select individuals from minority and disadvantaged backgrounds for education and training in a health or allied health professions school; facilitate entry of eligible students into such schools; provide counseling or other services designed to assist such individuals in successfully completing their education and training; provide preliminary education for a period prior to entry into the regular course of health or allied health professions education, and more. For a listing of institutions that received money, contact the Division of Health Careers, Diversity and Development, Bureau of Health Professions, Health Resources and Services Administration, Public Health Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Room 8A-09, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857; 301-443-1348; Continue reading

Money for Job Safety and Health Training

(Occupational Safety and Health – Training Grants 93.263)
The program objective is to develop specialized professional and paraprofessional personnel in the occupational safety and health field with training in occupational medicine, occupational health nursing, industrial hygiene, and occupational safety. Students must apply to those institutions that have received the money. Contact the Grants Management Officer, Procurement and Grants Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 626 Cochrans Mill Road, P.O. Box 1870, Pittsburgh, PA 15236; 412-386-6428, 888-472-6874; Continue reading

Health Professions Scholarships for American Indians

(Health Professions Pregraduate Scholarship Program for Indians 93.123)
The program objective is to provide scholarships to American Indians and Alaskan Natives for the purpose of completing pre-graduate education leading to baccalaureate degree in the areas of pre-medicine or pre-dentistry. Contact the Indian Health Service for application information; Indian Health Service, Scholarship Program, 801 Thompson Ave., Suite 120, Rockville, MD 20852; 301-443-6197; Continue reading

$$$$$$$$ for Student Loan Repayment – Stanford University

Stanford University offers Loan Forgiveness Program designed to help attorneys. By pursuing a public interest career Stanford graduates are eligible for benefits for up to ten years after they receive their JD. After they meet the income and employment qualifications for three years, participants become eligible for cancellation of 25 percent of their LRAP loans; after four years, 50 percent; and after five to ten years, 100 percent!! Contact the Stanford Law School, Attn Faye Deal, Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid Crown Quadrangle, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, CA 94305-8610; 650-723-0302; Continue reading

Serve Your Country and Slash $10,000 Off Your Student Loans

If you join the Army Reserve or the National Guard after graduation, you can receive up to $10,000 to pay off your student loans. Contact the United States Army Reserve Command (USARC), 1401 Deshler Street, S.W., Fort McPherson, GA 30330-2000; 800-359-8483; Continue reading

Money for Nursing Students to Repay Their Loans

(Nursing Education Loan Repayment Agreements For Registered Nurses Entering Employment At Eligible Health Facilities 93.908)
This program assists in the repayment of their nursing education loans. The program is designed to increase the number of registered nurses serving designated nurse shortage areas. An Applicant Information Bulletin For Registered Nurses is available at the address listed below. Contact Chief, Diversity and Basic Nurse Education Branch, Division of Nursing, Bureau of Health Professionals, Health Resources and Services Administration, 5600 Fishers Lane, Room 9-36, Rockville, MD 20857; 301-443-3232; 866-813-3753; Continue reading

$2,500 For Research To School Nutrition Association Members

The Hubert Humphrey Research Grant is available to active members of the School Nutrition Association at the graduate or post-graduate level. Awards are for a minimum of $2,500 for research which is consistent with the Associations platform. Contact School Nutrition Association, 700 S. Washington St., Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314; 703-739-3900; Fax: 703-739-3915; Continue reading

$90,000 Loan Repayment Assistance

This program is opened for Osteopathic Physicians only – 3rd year resident or beyond. Participants must agree to practice in primary care and work in a shortage area for four years. The Student Community Primary Care Initiative (SCPCI) will pay up to $90,000 of student loan debt to loans of the physician’s choice. Contact SCPCI/Financial Aid Office, Attn. Charlene Marinaro, Program Coordinator, 3200 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50312; 515-271-1671; Continue reading

Work in Alaska and Have Your Loans Forgiven

The Michael Murphy Loan is available to individuals who wish to study law enforcement, law, probation and parole, penology, or other related fields are eligible to work off one-fifth per year or 100% of their loans. To be eligible the applicant must work as a State Trooper (or related law enforcement official) in Alaska. Contact Lt. of Recruitment, Alaska State Troopers, 5700 East Tudor Road, Anchorage, AK 99507; 907-269-5511; Continue reading

$5,000 Educational Grants

The foundation provides grants for arthritis research, and also gives grants to Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity, Inc., for educational purposes. Grants range from $750 up to $5,000. Contact Alpha Omicron Pi Foundation, 5390 Virginia Way, Brentwood, TN 37024-0395; 615-370-0920; Continue reading

$1,200 And Air Fare For D.C. Interns

The Morris K. Udall Native American Congressional Internship program offers Native American or Alaskan Native students ten-week internship in Washington, D.C., working full-time in congressional offices or federal agencies. The program provides airfare to and from Washington, D.C., lodging at George Washington University, and per diem to cover meals, transportation and incidentals. In addition, a $1,200 stipend at the conclusion of the internship is awarded. Contact The Morris K. Udall Foundation, 130 South Scott Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701-1922; 520-670-5529; Continue reading

Loans To Go To School

(Federal Family Education Loans 84.032)
Guaranteed loans for educational expenses are available from eligible lenders such as banks, credit unions, savings and loan association, pension funds, insurance companies, and schools to vocational, undergraduate, and graduate students enrolled at eligible institutions. The PLUS program is also available, which allows parents to borrow for their dependent student. Contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, DC 20202; 800-433-7327; Continue reading

Money to Study Housing Issues

(Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Program 14.516)
The program objective is to encourage doctoral candidates to engage in policy related housing and urban development research and to assist them in its timely completion. Money can used to support Ph.D candidates. Students can request an application package from the address listed below or by calling HUD USER at 800-245-2691. For additional information, contact Armand Carriere, Office of University Partnerships, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th St., SW, Room 8106, Washington, DC 20410; 202-708-3061; Continue reading

Money for Spouses and Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans to Go to School

(Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance 64.117)
The program provides partial support to those seeking to advance their education who are qualifying spouses, surviving spouses, or children of deceased or disabled veterans who, as a result of their military service, have a permanent and total (100 percent) service connected disability, or a service personnel who have been listed for a total of more than 90 days as currently Missing in Action, or as Prisoners of War. Spouse, surviving spouse, or child of a deceased or disabled veteran can receive monthly payments to be used for tuition, books, subsistence, for courses, training, or college. Benefits may be awarded for pursuit of associate, bachelor, or graduate degrees at colleges and universities, as well as study at business, technical, or vocational schools. Contact Department of Veterans Affairs, Central Office, Washington, DC 20420; 202-273-7132, 800-827-1000; Continue reading

Over $37,000 Fellowships for Law Students

This Foundation offers fellowships to graduating law students to work in public interest organizations. The salary for the Fellowships is currently $37,500 and pays all fringe benefits. Fellowships are awarded for one year, with the expectation of renewal for a second year. Contact Skadden Fellowship Foundation, Four Times Square, New York, NY 10036; 212-735-2956; Continue reading

$5,000 for Minority Teachers!!

Receive up to $5000 annually if you are an African-American, Asian-American, Native American, or Hispanic college junior or senior working toward teacher certification. Participants must teach 3 or 5 years in Arkansas to have the amount received forgiven. Contact the Arkansas Department of Higher Education, 114 East Capitol Ave, Attn: Minority Teachers Scholarship, Little Rock, AR 72201; 501-371-2050, 800-54-STUDY; Continue reading

$30,000 to Study the Humanities

(Promotion of the Humanities – Fellowships and Stipends 45.160)
Fellowships and Summer Stipends provide support for scholars to undertake full-time independent research and writing in the humanities. Grants are available for 6 to 12 month fellowships and two months of summer study. Projects may contribute to scholarly knowledge or to the general public’s understanding of the humanities. Contact Fellowships and Stipends, Division of Research and Education, National Endowment for the Humanities, 1100 Pennsylvania Ave., Room 318, Washington, DC 20506; 202-606-8400, 800-NEH-1121; Continue reading

Money for Health Care Training in Rural Areas

(Interdisciplinary Training For Health Care For Rural Areas 93.192)
This program is designed to help fulfill the health care needs of people living in rural areas. Money is set aside to recruit and retain health care professionals in rural health care settings. Funds can be used for student stipends, postdoctoral fellowships, faculty training, and the purchase or rental of necessary transportation and telecommunication equipment. Money can be used to support health profession students. Students must apply to those institutions that have received the money. Contact the Division of Associated, Dental and Public Health Professions, Bureau of Health Professions, Health Resources and Services Administration, Room 8C-26, Parklawn Building, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857; 301-443-6867; 877-477-2123; Continue reading

Attention Agricultural Graduates: $10,000 of Loan Forgiveness is Waiting for You!

If you are an agriculture or veterinary medicine graduate who helps operate a family farm or practice veterinary medicine that includes agricultural animals in Pennsylvania you are eligible for a maximum award of $10,000 in loan forgiveness payments. Contact the Agriculture Education Loan Forgiveness Program, P.O. Box 8114, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8114; 717-720-2800; Continue reading

$3,000 Loan Repayment Assistance from Seattle University

This program is open to all graduates of the Seattle University School of Law. Graduates who choose full time public interest legal careers and are licensed attorneys may be eligible to receive up to $3000 of forgiveness. The qualifying income limit is a maximum of $45,000 annually and the graduate must remain in qualifying public interest employment for at least one year. Contact the Office of Financial Aid, Seattle University of Law, 901 12th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98122-1090; 206-398-4250; Continue reading

Free Money for Federal Employees and Their Families to Go to College

Over $2.75 million in college scholarships is awarded exclusively to federal and postal employees and their family members. The Federal Employee Education Assistance Program (FEEA) scholarship applications are available from January through March each year. You can get an application online at their web site.? Eligible applicants include current civilian federal and postal employees with at least three years of federal service and their dependent family members (children and spouses). Employee applicants may be part-time students; dependents must be full-time.
For more information send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business envelope to: FEEA Scholarships, Suite 200, 8441 W Bowles Ave, Littleton, CO 80123-9501; 303-933-7580; Continue reading

Money for Health Professionals who Want to Be in Public Health

(Public Health Traineeships 93.964)
The program objective is to help support graduate students who are studying in the field of public health. Grants are given to colleges and universities offering graduate or specialized training in the public health field. Support is limited to the fields of biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, toxicology, public health nutrition, and maternal and child health. Students must apply to those institutions that have received the money. Contact the Division of Associated, Dental, and Public Health Professions, Bureau of Health Professions, Health Resources and Services Administration, Public Health Service, Parklawn Bldg., Room 8C-09, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857; 301-443-6864; Continue reading

Money for American Indians Who Want to Be Health Care Professionals

(Health Professions Recruitment Program For Indians 93.970)
The program objective is to increase the number of American Indians and Alaskan Natives who become health professionals. Some of the projects funded include the recruitment of American Indians into health care programs, a variety of retention services once students have enrolled, and scholarship support. Students should contact their school directly for assistance. Contact Indian Health Service, Division of Health Professions Support, 801 Thompson Ave., Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20852; 301-443-4242; Continue reading

$5,000 To Study The Environment

The Morris K. Udall Scholarship Program awards grants to young Americans pursuing environmental careers and to Native Americans and Alaska Natives pursuing careers in health care and tribal public policy. All applicants must be sophomores or juniors attending college. The Udall Foundation awards approximately 80 scholarships of up to $5,000 (and 50 scholarships of $350 to honorable mention recipients). Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of support per application year. Contact the Morris K. Udall Scholarship Program, 130 South Scott Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701-1922; 520-670-5529; Continue reading