Institutions Of Higher Education

Grants For Those Who Have Trouble Paying Tuition

(Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement 84.217)
This program provides grants to institutions of higher education to prepare low income, first-generation college students and students underrepresented in graduate education for graduate study. Students must apply to those institutions that have received the money. For a listing of institutions that received money contact the office listed below. Contact Continue reading

$30,000 In Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need

The U.S. Department of Education offers funding for fellowships to graduate academic departments, programs, and units of institutions of higher education. The fellowships, awarded by the funded institution, are for superior graduate students with a financial need, who plan to teach or do research in academic areas of national need. These areas include biology, chemistry, computer and information science, engineering, geological science, mathematics, and physics. Contact the International Education and Graduate Programs Service, Office of Postsecondary Education, Department of Education, 400 Maryland Ave., SW., Washington, DC 20202-5247; 202-502-7638; Continue reading

Money to Study Community Planning and Development

(Community Development Work-Study Program 14.512)
The Community Development Work-Study Program makes grants to institutions of higher education to provide assistance to economically disadvantaged and minority students. Students take part in community development work-study programs while they are enrolled full-time in graduate or undergraduate programs with that major. Students must apply to those institutions that received the money. Contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Community Planning and Development, Office of University Partnerships, 451 7th St., SW, Room 8106, Washington, DC 20410; 202-708-3061, 800-877-8339; Continue reading