Sw Room

Money for Farmers to Incorporate Conservation into their Farming Operations

Click For Starting a business grants

10000 Grant to Fix Up a Home And Make it Healthier

Called the Health Homes Demonstration Grants and referred to as Program #14.901 in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, this program is designed to develop, demonstrate, and promote cost-effective, preventive measures to correct multiple safety and health hazards in the home environment that produce serious diseases and injuries in children of low-income families. HUD is interested in reducing health threats to the maximum number of residents, especially children, in a cost efficient manner. Healthy Homes Demonstration grants are intended to serve a broad array of beneficiaries including homeowners, rental property owners, and public housing residents. For information on where these programs are available in your area contact Ms. Ellen Taylor, Director, Healthy Homes Program, Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control, 451 Seventh Street, SW, Room P3206, Washington, DC 20410, 202-755-1785, extension 116

Visit: Ellen_R._Taylor@hud.gov

Money to Study Community Planning and Development

(Community Development Work-Study Program 14.512)
The Community Development Work-Study Program makes grants to institutions of higher education to provide assistance to economically disadvantaged and minority students. Students take part in community development work-study programs while they are enrolled full-time in graduate or undergraduate programs with that major. Students must apply to those institutions that received the money. Contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Community Planning and Development, Office of University Partnerships, 451 7th St., SW, Room 8106, Washington, DC 20410; 202-708-3061, 800-877-8339; Continue reading

Money to Study Housing Issues

(Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant Program 14.516)
The program objective is to encourage doctoral candidates to engage in policy related housing and urban development research and to assist them in its timely completion. Money can used to support Ph.D candidates. Students can request an application package from the address listed below or by calling HUD USER at 800-245-2691. For additional information, contact Armand Carriere, Office of University Partnerships, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th St., SW, Room 8106, Washington, DC 20410; 202-708-3061; Continue reading