George Washington University

Free Help Getting Money For A Disability

can start by contacting a free service called The Clearinghouse on Disability Information, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, U.S. Dept. of Education, 202-205-8241. …… for help with getting money for education and training contact Higher Education and Adult Training for People with Handicaps (HEATH), George Washington University, 800-544-3284


George Washington Law School Graduates Receive $8,000 Loan Forgiveness

This program is to assist law school graduates working in public interest employment loan forgiveness of up to $8,000 per year. The George Washington Law School Loan Reimbursement Assistance Program requires that all applicants graduated in 1990 or later, must work approximately 30 or more hours/week in a legal public interest job, and your gross annual salary minus your annual law loan repayments is equal to or less than $37,000. Contact The George Washington University Law School, 2000 H Street, NW, Washington, DC 20052; 202-994-6261; Continue reading

$1,200 And Air Fare For D.C. Interns

The Morris K. Udall Native American Congressional Internship program offers Native American or Alaskan Native students ten-week internship in Washington, D.C., working full-time in congressional offices or federal agencies. The program provides airfare to and from Washington, D.C., lodging at George Washington University, and per diem to cover meals, transportation and incidentals. In addition, a $1,200 stipend at the conclusion of the internship is awarded. Contact The Morris K. Udall Foundation, 130 South Scott Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701-1922; 520-670-5529; Continue reading