Rd Suite

7500 Grant for Housing Repair

Rural Housing Repair and Rehabilitation Grants are funded directly by the Government. A grant is available to a homeowner who is 62 years of age or older. Funds may only be used for repairs or improvements to remove health and safety hazards, or to complete repairs to make the dwelling accessible for household members with disabilities. The amount of the grant is based on the applicant’s ability to repay and may be used in conjunction with the Repair and Rehabilitation Loan. The lifetime maximum grant amount is $7,500. Contact Mike, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Housing Service, 1110 Amos Rd. Suite A, Shelbyville, IN 46176; 317-392-1394 Ext. 4. For more information on Rural Housing Programs, contact Single Family Housing, Rural Housing Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC 20250; 202-720-1474

Visit: www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/

65 Million Dollars In Grants

Child Care and Development Funds are available for Georgia child care programs who serve or are planning to serve 19 or more children. Family and group home care providers can apply for Child Care Development Funds through their local Resource & Referral Agency. Requests for Proposals (RFP) are distributed in early spring and outline the services that will be purchased during the next federal fiscal year. In general, these funds pay for: 1) programs improvements, and programs for children with disabilities for early childhood and school-age children, and 2) technical assistance, training, and the operation of child care resource and referral agencies. For more information contact Georgia Child Care Council, 2987 Clairmont Rd., Suite 220, Atlanta, GA 30329; 404-679-4880.

Visit: www.gachildcare.org