Department Of Veteran Affairs

Get Presidential Honors For A Deceased Veteran

You can help commemorate the honor of a deceased veteran by requesting a Presidential Memorial Certificate, a parchment certificate with a calligraphic inscription expressing the nation’s recognition of the veteran’s service. The veteran’s name is inscribed and the certificate bears the signature of the president. Eligible recipients include next of kin, other relatives and friends. The veteran may have died at any time in the past. For more information contact Department of Veteran Affairs, 810 Vermont Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20420; 800-827-1000