Residential Structures

Money To Buy Fix Up Or Refinance a Home

Called Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance and referred to as Program #14.108 in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, this program helps families repair or improve, purchase or refinance and improve existing residential structures more than one year old. These loans may be used to rehabilitate an existing 1 to 4 unit dwelling in one of four ways: (1) Purchase a structure and the land on which the structure is located and rehabilitate it; (2) purchase a structure on another site, move it onto a new foundation on the mortgaged property and rehabilitate it; (3) refinance the existing indebtedness and rehabilitate such a structure; or (4) rehabilitate such a structure. Contact your local office of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development